Have you ever been in love-limbo? Have you ever been in between two people? Where you are trying to move on from someone, but can’t seem to let go, and then you meet someone else, who rocks your world, but … Continue reading
Lately fear has been coming up a lot in conversations I’ve been having. It’s strange how much fear can control us. I don’t think about what I’m scared of too often, mostly because I don’t think I acknowledge my fears. … Continue reading
This past week was an interesting training week. I LOVE how I’m just going with the flow and having structure, and yet having routine. I like the feeling of having control over my schedule and feeling like I can change … Continue reading
This past week was super busy with social obligations so I didn’t get as much training in as I would have hoped, but it was still an awesome week with awesome new experiences! :) I definitely feel like I’m getting … Continue reading
Be perfectly imperfect. Allow yourself to be vulnerable. Be true to you. Don’t be afraid to ask for help. Don’t be afraid to speak up. Allow yourself to feel whatever you are feeling and work through those thoughts and feelings. … Continue reading
My motto for this year is do what I feel like doing. :) If I want to go for a long bike ride, I will. If I want to swim as hard as I can, I will. I mean, in … Continue reading
I want to give some love out to some of my favorite Instagram Feeds! I’m a huge advocate of following people because I want to, and no other reason. I hope we all follow people and brands who inspire us, make our day a little better and brighter because of the photos they post. That’s what it’s all about. If you don’t follow me back, I don’t care. :) If I like what your posting, I’ll follow you. :)
With that here are my January 2015 Top 10 Picks:
I just love this account. It’s so freeing! Makes me want to just take off all my clothes and wander into the wilderness. haha.
I think it’s cool learning about all the amazing hidden and hot spots there are in America. It makes me want to travel America more, not just travel internationally.
This girl takes sweet photos! I’m always inspired when I see her pics.
He puts amazing quotes with his photos and has a truly genuine vibe that I love.
I mean this brand is just killing it. Not only did they make a rad video making fun of their product, which you can watch here, but they have just super quality and interesting photos.
This girl is crazy inspiring. I love her message and what she’s doing. She makes me want to be outside!
My friend, Lacey, and her friend started this movement. I think it’s amazing. We should all get outside more!
Beautiful exhilarating photos. This girl is rad, she makes me want to go do cool shit.
You might be noticing a trend in this months fave instagram accounts, but this is the icing of all things that are inspiring me right now. To be outside. Enjoy nature. Love this!
I think I’ll give shoutouts monthly! :) I love spreading the love and I love reading other people’s suggestions. :) <3
Hope everyone is having a good week!
This post is inspired by my dear friend, Erin. I LOVE when bloggers share fun facts about who they are, their life, etc. It’s fun getting to know people, so here are 101 Things About Me.
1. I was a gymnast until I was 14
2. I played soccer in college
3. I went to private school for 5-12th grade, and there were 86 kids in my graduating class.
4. I knew everyone’s first and last names, their birthdays, and pretty much could tell you anyone’s class schedule.
5. My mom was my high school Spanish Teacher, Freshman, Junior, and Senior year of high school. #ouch #rough
6. I’m still in touch with all of my close high school friends.
7. My first job was at a tanning salon.
8. I also worked at the dry cleaners, mowed yards, and worked at the bakery.
9. I gained the typical freshman 15 in college, maybe even 20?
10. By the time I graduated college, I could drink pretty much a whole 30 pack to myself – granted it was over a looooong night, but either way #gross.
11. My friend, Davis, and I were beer pong partners through out all of college. Never played with anyone else, and we almost always won.
12. I went to Costa Rica as a foreign exchange student at the age of 12 (6th grade)
13. I speak Spanish.
14. I love country music.
15. I have read the book Matilda at least a dozen times.
16. I have seen The Notebook 22 times. It’s by far my favorite romantic drama movie.
17. My longest relationship has been 4yrs.
18. My second longest relationship was 3yrs.
19. My great grandparents owned a farm in Kentucky, and I would go visit them and ride on the tractors with my great granddad.
20. I wear a size 6 shoe, sometimes even a 5 1/2. I have tiny feet. :)
21. My gymnastics floor music was a song by Yanni.
22. I can sing the fast part of the song “Hook” by Blues Traveler
23. I’ve been dying my hair since I was in 8th grade.
24. For about 6 months straight I would wake up and play “I would walk 500 miles” from the Benny & June soundtrack every since morning.
25. I took piano lessons, and only ever learned to play 3 songs with my left hand.
26. I’m the only right-handed person in my family. Literally. Even my sister-in-law is left-handed.
27. I was in choir in high school.
28. I have dyed my hair pink, purple, blue, and red.
29. I had never thrown up until I was 13.
30. Going to Thailand for my 30th bday was the first time I’d ever travelled alone.
31. I have never lived by myself.
32. I was the only girl on the boy’s little league baseball team when I was 9. I was terrible, and often was caught doing cartwheels in the outfield, but I was pushing the limits even then. ;)
33. I have won dozens of handstand contests.
34. I had the record for the most pull-ups in 5th grade (including the boys)
35. My fastest mile time is 6:40
36. I started taking selfies before selfies were a thing. ha! Maybe that’s where I got all of my practice. :P Seriously. I took my first selfie in high school. I kind of got the idea from Clueless though. She took pictures of herself in her outfits because she didn’t trust mirrors. haha.
37. I listen to a thunderstorm every night when I sleep.
38. I get car sick. Super easily, too. I’m great to have on a road trip because I do a lot of driving. :P
39. Mozzarella sticks used to be the only thing I would order at restaurants when I was a kid from like 8-15.
40. I have been to all but 6 states.
41. I don’t wear glasses, and still have perfect vision.
42. How am I only at 42? This is TOUGH! – I have a rule that I can’t wear the same thing within two weeks.
43. One of my dreams was to be an Olympic gymnast.
44. My hair is currently the longest it’s ever been.
45. I went to Camp Manito-wish 6 summers in a row. A 3 week all girls tripping camp. My shortest trip was a 3 day canoeing trip, my longest was a 14 day canoeing trip.
46. I ate 12 pints of ice cream the week after Ironman Wisconsin
47. I toilet papered my high school with a bunch of my friends when we were seniors, and didn’t get busted.
48. Anyone else have the Schwann’s truck swing by your house and drop off food? This was huge in our family growing up.
49. We had family meetings on Sunday nights.
50. I spent one summer interning as an athletic training at the University of Kentucky.
51. I used to have my belly button pierced.
52. I have driven 3 different cars in my life, a jeep cherokee, a grand jeep cherokee, and an Infiniti QX4
53. In college, my 3 best friends and I lived in a house our senior year, and opted to all sleep in bunk beds in the same room together.
54. I keep all the birthday cards that have ever been given to me.
55. I created wallpaper for my room in high school out of celebrity photos from magazines.
56. I lost 30lbs after college, and gave up drinking for a year.
57. We would have family headstand contests growing up.
58. I one time picked flowers for my mom from her own garden. She cried. #oops
59. I love hot baths, and take them regularly.
60. My nickname in my family is “peace”.
61. My Nanny (my mom’s mom) calls me Sunshine.
62. I haven’t had fast food except for Chipotle since 2007.
63. I eat froyo at least once a week.
64. I worked at lululemon my first year out of college
65. My mom rubbed my back every night in my bed until I was 12.
66. Growing up I liked my door to be slightly open when I went to sleep.
67. My mom bribed me with barbies when I was being potty-trained to wake up and pee in the middle of the night.
68. I can roll my tongue
69. And move my ears
70. I was born with my feet turned in, and had to wear casts to correct it.
71. I love playing cards – and often play solitaire with a real deck of cards before I go to bed.
72. I would do Jane Fonda with my mom as a kid and I would correct her on her form, and it was then that my mom knew I was going to be in the fitness industry somehow.
73. On my walk to school in 4th grade, I would sing “Under the Bridge” by Red Hot Chili Peppers every day.
74. I used to drink snapple during soccer games.
75. I taught an agility training camp with Donald Driver when I was a senior in college.
76. I slept on the beach in northern California and almost got attacked by wolves.
77. I listen to instrumental or in my terms “no word” music every day when I do work – i.e soundtracks to Batman, Gladiator, Titanic, etc.
78. I majored in Athletic Training, but never even took the athletic training certification exam after I graduated.
79. Self-help books are one of my favorite things to read.
80. In soccer games, I would do flip throw-ins.
81. I played varsity soccer all 4yrs of high school.
82. I got my first cell phone in 2000.
83. I was a nanny the summer after freshman year of college.
84. I was a flower girl for my cousins wedding.
85. In cars, if I’m not driving, I’m sleeping.
86. Breakfast for dinner is one of my favorite meals.
87. I can still do the splits
88. and the pretzel
89. and the worm
90. I always catch the bouquet at the wedding…I swear, and yet I’m still single. haha.
91. I have started two businesses and neither really went anywhere, but I have a dream of working for myself again someday.
92. I LOVE quotes. I have a folder on my computer full of quotes, and the best presents people have ever gotten me are quote boxes or books, or anything having to do with quotes.
93. Delilah on the radio is my go-to night time listening radio station. I would listen to her every night in high school.
94. I love dressing up to the 9’s and I love roughing it in the wilderness. I don’t prefer one over the other.
95. Express was my go-to store growing up.
96. Now I get all of my clothes through StitchFix.
97. I love my family and see them at least 4x a year, and we still take yearly family vacations, and they come to all of my ironman races. #spoiled
98. I had no idea social media would end up being my thing, but I’m thankful that it became a career path because I love it!
99. I love making scrapbooks and have made them for a lot of my friends for different occassions.
100. I still enjoy coloring and coloring books.
101. Buffy the Vampire Slayer is my idol – she’s hot and a badass.
That was honestly really hard! Hopefully entertaining though :P
Thanks for reading!
Hope everyone is having a great week!
This past weekend, I headed over to Dallas, Texas for a girls weekend with some of my best friends from high school. Well, I’ve actually known these girls since about the age of 2. It’s crazy that we will like … Continue reading
A little delayed on this post. Finally had some time on my flight to Dallas to type this baby up. :) Last week’s workouts. I’m finally getting into good habits of training again. I don’t know. I think I’m just … Continue reading