For those that don’t know, I’m OBSESSED with self-help books. I love being introspective. I love learning about how people tick, how we can all work together, and how we can better ourselves. I’m constantly trying to become a better person, and I’m also constantly trying to understand others. I love how each one of us is different, and it’s fun to learn about how we all work.
Here is a list of my Top 12 Self-Help Books (I know there are TONS more, and I have sooo many on my list, but here are the ones that I’ve read so far that I love)
1. The Power of Now – I read this right when I moved out to California, and it truly helped me live in the moment, and has some pretty powerful words on love, and it honestly kind of helped me through a tough break up. It’s deep, but well worth the read.
2. From Good to Great – I read this book when I worked at lululemon, my first year out of college, and it taught me a lot about business, and how to be my best and go after what I want.
3. 7 Habits of Highly Effective People – I read this when I was a senior in high school. The whole high school had to read it, and honestly, some were obvious, but it really changed my life, and taught me some solid lessons.
5. The Five Love Languages – This book taught me a lot about how I show love, and also helped me understand how others show love. This teaches you about your own needs, as well as others needs, and understand what makes you feel loved, and what makes someone else feel loved. Really good read for relationships!
6. Quiet – I am not considered an introvert, although I have some introverted tendencies, surprising, I know, but I find “introverts” fascinating. haha. I think they are more mysterious because they tend to spend more time “alone”. This brought up a lot of questions about what makes someone an introvert, and how introverts make a huge impact in our world.
7. The Power of Habit – My sister recently just suggested this to me, and it is really interesting. How do we form habits? How do we break habits? Can we break a habit?
8. Why Men Love Bitches – This book says a lot of things we as women already know, but the way it is written really teaches you and reminds you, to be YOU. To OWN you. To not CHASE men. And to know what you deserve and don’t settle for anything less. Men want women who respect themselves, so don’t bend over backward when they are being assholes. A man is more likely to respect and go after the woman who respects herself, and waits for the man who gives her everything she deserves. Lots of helpful tips.
9. Wild – Although this is not really a self-help book, this really made me feel empowered to be independent and follow my dreams. It’s kind of like an “Eat, Pray, Love” book, but I love that she went on a outdoorsy adventure in nature, and that’s where she learned about herself. This book is inspiring beyond belief.
10. The Alchemist – Surprisingly, I didn’t read this as a kid, and only read it a couple years ago for the first time. Although it has a religious aspect tied into it, the message is truly sweet and a good reminder of what’s important in life.
11. The Road Less Traveled – This is HUGE. It’s really introspective, and makes you look at how you see things, either YOU are responsible for the world’s problems, or the WORLD is responsible for yours. Very interesting, and makes you really think about YOU.
12. How The World Sees You – We too often look down on ourselves, and think we are average or below average. This book is all about helping you figure out what’s unique and amazing about you, and encouraging you to see that and believe that you are unique and amazing!
I am always looking to read more self-help books, so if you have any favorites, shoot them my way! It’s interesting to learn about ourselves, and to learn about others. I find these books to be inspiring and uplifting and they help teach us all little nuggets to help us live our lives to the fullest.