I am back on the triathlon training routine, and building my foundation, and my favorite way to recover from workouts is with a smoothie. It cools me down, and fills me up!
My latest fave smoothie to make is this Spirulina Smoothie. If you haven’t heard of spirulina or haven’t tried it yet, here is why you might want to start adding it into your post-workout smoothies…
What you need to know…
- It is a natural “algae” powder that is high in protein, and a good source of antioxidants and B-vitamins.
- It helps to protect cells from damage.
- It contains beta-carotene, vitamins E, manganese, zinc, copper, iron, selenium, and gamma linolenic acid (fatty acid).
- Boosts the immune system, protect against allergic reactions, and has antiviral and anticancer properties.
- 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 date (without the nut)
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (I use Designer Protein, if you want to use it to, use my referral link for 20% off your order)
- 1 tsp spirulina
- 2 tablespoons macadamia nuts (or your choice of nuts)
- 1/2 tsp of maca
- 1 tablespoon of cacao nibs (and then another tablespoon to sprinkle on top)
This is your ultimate superfood, protein packed smoothie! Enjoy!