Okay, I just wrote about how I have a dream jam packed morning routine. And I would LOVE to do it all. I am one of those people who is consistently running late in the morning, and I’m running around like a crazy person trying to do this, and find this, and then suddenly I’ve distracted myself with a conversation or looking at social media, and not getting what I need to get done to get out the door. haha. So, in order to at least try to be more efficient in the morning, I have found the following 5 tips very helpful in getting out the door faster.
- Set a timer – No joke, I’ve been doing this in the shower. My goal is to be out in 6min. I was originally trying to do 5, but I’m just not there yet. Typically my showers are between 10-12min, so I thought hey, if I can get down to 6min, I’m doing pretty good! If you want to play on social media…set a timer.
- Prepare – Get your morning workout stuff together the night before. If I’m going to do a morning trainer workout, set it up the night before. If I’m going to the pool, make sure I have goggles, swim cap, swimsuit the night before. If I’m going for a run, I pick out my run outfit and shoes the night before. You’d be surprised at how much time you can save when the choices have already been made.
- Prepare again – my outfit for the day the night before. Again, saving time in decisions can really save you time in the morning. I have been picking out my outfits the night before, and it’s really helping. I also want to start using this app called Stylicious, because you can literally digitize your wardrobe and pick things out super easy. It is on my list of things to do this month. 🙂
- Make-up routine – have a routine. I definitely like to add eyeliner and eyeshadow and all that jazz, but again, I pick out how I want to do my make up the night before based on my outfit. Cutting down decision time. 🙂 Also, keep it simple. I stick with tinted moisturizer, eyelid primer, and mascara as my daily go to. It takes maximum 5min.
- Keep it short – I run into a lot of people in the morning and I love to chat. But, I’m learning that I need to be sweet and short, and just let people know that I’m on my way to work. I often find myself in lengthy conversations because I don’t want to be rude, but I’m learning to just say, I’d love to stay and chat, but I don’t want to be late for work. 🙂
How do you keep your morning routine efficient?